Domestic & International Transportation
SIT is the leading company in transportation of fine art. Our vehicles are equipped with state-of-the-art security systems, climate control and GPS technology, among others:
- Isothermal and armored cargo compartment
- Pneumatic vibration isolation suspension system
- In-cabin and cargo area alarm system
- Fire detection and extinction by SIT exclusive fluids (EN 25004-2:2008 regulation)
- Cargo zone acclimatization
- Heating system for extreme cold weather conditions
- Data tracking and climate control
- Adjustable platform for different cargo heights
- GPS system and mobile telephone
- Steel stowing system
- Steel cargo fastening system for vehicle walls
Air transport is usually the best option for transporting artwork internationally, in terms of time and safety, dimensions allowing. Since 1961, SIT has been an IATA agent and holds secure agent certification for air shipments.
Among our airport services, we offer:
- Staff members with special permits for runway vehicle operation
- Runway vehicles with direct access to planes for loading/unloading supervision
- Special insurance coverage for runway and restricted airport areas
- Direct access to cargo terminals, fingers and all restricted areas
- Supervision of pallet packaging/un-packaging and loading/unloading
- Office located at Madrid Barajas Airport cargo terminal
- In-house customs brokerage service allowing for speedy customs service
For large quantities or heavy works of art, sea freight can be the only option.
At SIT, we manage all of the logistics associated with the international transportation process – from initial planning to the hiring of sea freight companies, inland services, customs, etc.
We have all types of equipment for loading/unloading cargo to/from sea freight containers, fitting and stowing, on site.